Monday, January 19, 2009

The slow start of 2009

Christmas and New Years has passed and Jeff and I had a great time hanging out with our families and friends in Texas. I've finally packed away all the decorations and life has gotten back to normal. Jeff had to go on a det (short for detachment) to El Centro, CA for training and he's been flying everyday out there. He's been doing weapons training, aka dropping bombs (paint bombs) and having fun on the weekends in San Diego. He is suppose to be out there one more week, but that may turn into two.

The dogs and I have been missing him. They miss him because he plays a lot harder and run with them everyday. I've been getting them together with other dogs to play with so it's easier on them and me! We had a doggie playdate yesterday at the lake here and Makayla got to swim and play with her brother, Jackson. I definitely hate making dinner for one (I feel like I revert back to college meals) and it's boring without him too.

I have been trying to keep busy though. I've gotten better at playing the drums for Guitar Hero World Tour and have kept up with going to Spinlates. I even successfully made cookies without burning them! Me and a few of the girls here took a day trip to Tuscaloosa to do some shopping and I came back with some good finds.

Not a lot going on here these days, but I'm sure things will pick up a bit when Jeff gets back. He should be getting closer to then end of phase 2, which means carrier qualifications in March and getting those wings of gold in April!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I feel your pain. :) I have been snacking a lot but can't get myself to make many "meals" since it doesn't seem worth it. I keep going "Ahh, this can of soup will do". Hope they're back soon and on schedule to get things wrapped up in April.