Thursday, September 10, 2009

A long time overdue...

Sorry for not updating this in a while! So let's see, my last post was in June and we've done a lot of stuff since then.

We went to Sequoia National Park to break in our new hiking boots and saw the giant sequoia General Sherman along with other giants.



We also went to Six Flags Magic Mountain in Valencia, CA but I don't have any pictures of that.
In honor of Jeff's 26th birthday, we visited Monterrey. We did all the tourist attractions there including Cannery Row, the aquarium, 17 mile drive, Carmel, and Pebble Beach. We are going to go back in October to watch the Le Mans race at Laguna Seca.



Although it seems like every weekend we go somewhere, there are a few that we don't and I enjoy those just as much. We have enjoyed having people over to use the pool, going to movies and Jeff even took me to the driving range for the 2nd time in my life. We've made it over to Fresno a few times for dinner and shopping. I'm so glad I live near a big city again with all the restaurants and stores I love!

We went to Sequoia again, but this time in the Mineral King part of the park. Tim wanted to hike Sawtooth trail and we camped out Saturday night and then made the big trek up 5 miles and about 3,000ft up. The trail started at about 7,500ft and we got up above 10,000ft. It took us 4 hours to get up - mostly because of me (I'm sure Jeff and Tim could have gotten up faster) - and 2.5 hours to get down. It was the craziest hike I've ever done and it felt like we'd never get to the top of the trail. However, the views from the hike were amazing and I don't think my camera does it justice! There are a lot of pictures, so here's the facebook album link: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2737346&id=7908900&l=89762e8fdb

Well, we finally got our furniture we ordered (Jeff's new recliner for the TV room and the new couch and chairs for the living room). I ordered the coffee table from Target and it came damaged so I have to exchange that and wait for it's replacement still.









Last but not least, we spent Labor Day weekend in San Diego! We saw Jeff's Aunt & Uncle and cousins that live in Escondido, went to La Jolla beach to hang out with friends from Mississippi that are now stationed in Miramar, toured the USS Midway, and went to the San Diego Zoo. Our hotel was awesome and in walking distance to downtown so we went out Saturday and Sunday night and went to dinner with another couple we met in Mississippi. San Diego is beautiful and is so nice to just walk around. I think we'll be making a few more trips while we are living in California. Plus we still need to go to Sea World! Here's the facebook album again (I took too many pictures!): http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2741519&id=7908900&l=28f981b6de

I think that's all we've done! I've got to start updating this more often so I don't have such a huge post of recaps!


No comments: