Monday, July 18, 2011

3D/4D Ultrasound

I decided that I really wanted to get a 3D ultrasound for Baby Kevin because I kept having dreams of what he looked liked and I just wanted a sneak peak! There is a studio here that does them and gives a military discount. So after convincing Jeff to let me, I made an appointment. I was so so excited for it! However, when we got started the tech had a lot of problems getting a good picture. Kevin was breach and hiding his face with his arms and legs and was even turned face inward. I don't think he could have been in a worse position. After trying for 25 minutes, she decided that it would be better to reschedule and let him get in a better position. Here is the only decent shot we got of him on the first try.

So, we rescheduled for a week later. This time, I didn't want to take any chances of not getting a picture. We scheduled it for after lunch and I got a Starbucks coffee to make sure he would be moving around a lot. When we got there we found out he had turned and was head down and it a great position! We got about 30 pictures, so here are the best ones. (We also got a DVD of the ultrasound).

This last picture, the tech is pointing out the dimple in his chin, which is just like Jeff's! I think he's also got his lips (cause they definitely aren't mine! they are way too full!). It looks like he is pouting, sticking them out so they look even fuller. I can't tell whose nose he has yet, but I'm guessing it's Jeff's too. I'm betting Kevin is going to be a mini-Jeff! :) Maybe he'll get my green eyes? We'll have to wait for him to get here to see, but I was really happy to get a sneak peak of my baby boy!

No comments: