Wednesday, November 05, 2008

House Painting and Maintenance

We took a weekend and went down to Pensacola/Milton and did some painting at our house to get it ready for the next renters. We didn't expect to get there Friday night and not have electricity or running water though! So we had to do all of our work during the daylight hours and left all the windows open for our A/C. Thank goodness it was very nice and cool outside all weekend!

The dogs got very sleepy on the way there.

Matilda was freaked out because there was a ladder over her head!

Guest Room - Bye Bye Stripes! I'll probably not attempt that again...maybe...not without some help next time!

Guest Room/Hallway/Office

Laundry Room -- no more yellow!!!

Painting Hallway/Kitchen/Living Room aka the Beast!

Sean came to help! Actually he had a solo down to Pensacola and we recruited him to help!

Jeff on top of the fridge getting as much done without the rental ladder. And then him on the rental ladder.

Finished product!

Master Bedroom and Bathroom. We were running behind schedule because Jeff left me to go return the ladder and I had to paint the master bedroom by flashlight. I don't recommend that!

The other maintenance included fixing our fence and weeding the garden beds. There was an actually plant somewhere in there....

1 comment:

The Stolle Family said...

Thank goodness an update! I thought you might have dropped off the earth. You guys did an amazing job painting your house. I am sure the next renter's will appreciate it. Very creative halloweenie costumes as well!