Wednesday, December 08, 2010

2010: Our Year in Review

Lots of things happened this year and I just wanted to give a quick summary.

1. March - I ran my first 10k in San Francisco with my awesome CA and WA running friends :)
2. April - Jeff CQ'd with the F/A-18C Hornet and was placed in his first fleet squadron VFA-37 The Ragin' Bulls.
3. April/May - Moved from Lemoore, CA to Virginia Beach, VA -- it was a long drive!
4. May - Jeff leaves on his first deployment to the Persian Gulf on the USS Truman.
5. June - I visited Jeff in France -- my first time to Europe!
6. July - Our niece, Cheyenne Grayce Harton, was born.
7. September - I ran my first half marathon, Rock n' Roll Half Marathon in VA Beach, with some more awesome running friends from VA and WA :)
8. September - I visited Jeff in Dubai at their mid-cruise port.
9. October - Ran my fastest 10k to date at 1hr 3min 38sec.
10. November - Ran my fastest 5k and my first sub-30 time at 29:15.
12. December - Jeff comes home from deployment!!

I feel like I accomplished a lot this year and I accomplished both of my New Year's resolutions (which never happens!). One was to run a half marathon and the other was to loose 30lbs both which I have accomplished :)I still want to loose 10lbs more - but I'm a lot happier now than I was 12 months ago.

I also managed to survive Jeff's deployment which was not a walk in the park either!

Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

2 comments:

The Greunkes said...

You're amazing! :-D

The Stolle Family said...

Siobhan! Finally you are back! You are awesome for achieving so much while Jeff has been gone. My neighbors are also excited for their husbands to come home. Great to read about you again!!