Well...I certainly slacked off in writing any posts after Jeff left for deployment - 7 months ago - and now that he is almost home and the end of the year is almost here, I figured I'd better write something!
The last few posts I wrote I talked about my half marathon training, Jeff's deployment and moving to VA so I thought I'd give a few updates about those!
I ran my first half-marathon in September and finished in 2hrs 30min! I was proud of myself for accomplishing a feat I didn't think was possible just 1 year ago! Since I started running back in the Spring of 2009, I've participated in so many races (5k, 10k, etc) I can't even keep track anymore. I'm pretty much addicted to running now and love participating in races. I've even convinced Jeff to run a half marathon with me when he comes back. We are running the Shamrock Half Marathon in VA Beach in March.
Jeff is almost home from deployment and will be home for Christmas! I had the opportunity to meet up with him in 2 of the ports they stopped in. I highly recommend to any military wives if you are able to! We had so much fun and it helped break up the 7 months.
I've gotten use to living in VA Beach, figuring out where everything is and how to get there, etc (Jeff is going to have a hard time when he gets back!). I spent a lot of time this Summer running and hanging out at the beach with friends. Its going to be an adjustment when Jeff gets back because I've pretty much taken over the whole house!
Wednesday, December 08, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment