Also, just like my sister Elizabeth, I have to take Lovenox shots because of our Factor V Leiden. Currently I'm on 2 shots a day, one every 12 hours, of 30mg. If you are wonder what the heck Factor V Leiden is you can Google it or take my short and sweet explanation: It's a genetic mutation that causes my blood to clot 3-8 times more than the average person. The Lovenox is an anti-coagulant aka blood thinner and is taken in the stomach subcutaneously. Pregnancy is a dangerous time for blood clots in normal women so it's even more dangerous for people with Factor V Leiden. I only have 1 gene, heterozygous, so my dosage is for prophylactic (precautionary) reasons. I do have to be careful and I have to stop flying way before 36 weeks.
Alright enough about that! We are so so excited!! We do plan on finding out the gender and have already been told that my doctor will look at 19/20 weeks. Here are a few pictures!
The pregnancy test (sorry about it being blurry)

11 weeks - second ultrasound


Baby's first gift from Jen!


1 comment:
Congratulations! You know what's funny, if people look closely at your ultrasound picture and find your name, they may wonder if you stole someone's pictures or are using a different name. I thought that was funny, but I remembered your first name :) So glad you are not overcome with morning sickness either! I don't like chicken... unless from McDonald's :) Keep me posted :)
Post a Comment