Thursday, January 27, 2011

Lake Tahoe Vacation

So after almost 4.5 years of marriage, Jeff and I finally took a vacation! Our last one -- our honeymoon! I guess that's what happens when you are in the military.

We had a lot of fun though! Jeff's parents have a vacation rental/timeshare right next to the Heavenly resort on the Nevada side and gave it to us for the week. We went skiing 5 days and took one day to go on a Lake Tahoe cruise. I sure am glad that I got better at skiing when we lived in California (when you go every weekend, it kinda just happens) and that I'm in much better shape from running helped too. I didn't fall down the whole time we were there and I was never sore. So all in all -- it was a successful ski trip!

(I do have to admit, one time we were going up a lift I dropped one of my poles and no one brought it up for me. So Jeff gave me his, which were shorter and lighter than the ones I had been using....so I lost my balance going down the mountain --just once -- and ended up turned around, skis crossed and on my knees -- but I'm not counting that as a fall!)

I'll update the post with pictures soon.

1 comment:

The Stolle Family said...

Sounds like an awesome time. How wonderful you got to reconnect with your husband after a long deployment and lots of work travel for you. Looking forward to the pictures of your awesomeness !