After purchasing a crib last week, I realized that just starts the hunt for EVERYTHING else you need for the baby. Jeff and I went to Babies R Us this weekend to look around to get a better idea of what to shop for next. We got an explanation about strollers, sat in every glider in the store, and looked at the other furniture we'll need. Let me just say -- I now totally understand why most to-be-parents make lists. It just makes it a whole lot easier to keep track of what you need to get before baby arrives. So that's just what I did this weekend.
Target has a list of essentials it suggests for building a registry which has been a good start to my 'Baby Burch List'. There are a lot of items I want to be gender neutral because we plan on having more than one kid and I want to use them again if possible. So most of the things I'm talking about are things I want gender neutral and since we don't know the sex yet, I don't have that in the back of my head telling myself to go more feminine or more masculine.
Since we had just gotten the stroller talk, I thought it was a good place to start. I want a jogging/running stroller since I will definitely get back into running ASAP after the baby is here. I liked that Babies R Us has some combo joggers and car seats and I know that my sister has one of them. So after talking to her and then talking to my marathon runner friend Jen, I got a better idea what kind of jogger I needed. So, check one thing off the list! I've registered for an InSTEP Grand Safari in Grey/Yellow.
Next up, car seats. I want an infant car seat that can fit in the jogger and found a list of them on joggingstroller.com. The car seat also needs to have a lightweight stroller frame that can be used when we don't want to take the jogger. Graco and BabyTrend both make stroller frames that work with many infant car seats. We haven't settled on one yet, but this list is definitely smaller than it was!
Gliders was harder than I thought it would be. The ones we liked at the store, didn't come in colors we wanted and then ones that did were too big and too pricey. So the hunt still continues. I think we'll be checking out furniture stores for this before compromising on some features we want at Babies R Us.
I don't plan on doing a changing table because our room for our nursery can't handle too much furniture. So I've decided I need a dresser that doubles as a changing table but gives me the storage space since the closet isn't that big either. But this search has been a hard one too. I want something that doesn't look like "baby furniture" so that the baby can use the dresser in their toddler/teenage rooms. No luck. Until I had a conversation with my friend about it and she suggested IKEA. That reminded me of another friend who did the same thing. So IKEA.com I went and found a dresser that I love. It just so happens to be the same dresser that my friend had bought for the same purpose. Before we settle on it though, I think I'll still look around at a few more furniture stores in the area that can beat the price and style (which I think will be hard). But we are getting close!
Well -- that's it for now, but I'm always still trying to find things on the list :) Next up, bouncers, play yards, highchairs, and activity gyms!
For those that are curious we are registered at Target and Babies R Us. I'll probably be adding small things here and there without talking about them on the blog.
Monday, April 11, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment