The adventures of Jeff, Siobhan, Kevin and the pups, Matilda and Makayla
Thursday, August 18, 2011
Nursery Reveal!
Besides the ottoman needing to get exchanged (excuse the plastic on top) and maybe some minor additions -- the nursery is pretty much done! Here are the pictures! Hope you like it as much as I do!
I wish I could decorate like you! Where did you get those wall shelves and were they hard to install? Also, do they have a lip so you can put pictures frames on them without them sliding off? How big are they? I could really use your help!!!!
I got the wall shelves at Target. They don't have a lip on them and unfortunately a little bit of a pain to install -- Jeff did it for me. You have to be exact on your screw placements and you have to use wall anchors. And I didn't make it any easier by losing the anchors/screws that came with them!! Target has a big selection of different shelves though and I think you could find something with a lip and maybe a little easier to install!
I found some wall cubes that will work. Lucky for you Jeff can be your handy man! I will be using neighbor's husband, as she has offered to pimp him out to me as my handy man. I think you have a bigger room than we do, Andersen's room looks soooo.... crowded and messy. Pictures within the next week or so, hopefully.
This blog was created so that we can keep in touch with our family and friends while we move around the country with the Navy. Siobhan is a software programmer and Jeff is a Lieutenant, USN and a Naval Aviator. We welcomed our son, Kevin, into the world on September 14, 2011. Our current adventure is living out in Virginia Beach while Jeff is flying the F/A-18C Hornet for VFA-37 The Ragin' Bulls and becoming parents to our first child!
5 comments:
Beautiful! What a cozy place to really enjoy your little man! :)
I wish I could decorate like you! Where did you get those wall shelves and were they hard to install? Also, do they have a lip so you can put pictures frames on them without them sliding off? How big are they? I could really use your help!!!!
I got the wall shelves at Target. They don't have a lip on them and unfortunately a little bit of a pain to install -- Jeff did it for me. You have to be exact on your screw placements and you have to use wall anchors. And I didn't make it any easier by losing the anchors/screws that came with them!! Target has a big selection of different shelves though and I think you could find something with a lip and maybe a little easier to install!
I found some wall cubes that will work. Lucky for you Jeff can be your handy man! I will be using neighbor's husband, as she has offered to pimp him out to me as my handy man. I think you have a bigger room than we do, Andersen's room looks soooo.... crowded and messy. Pictures within the next week or so, hopefully.
Great! Glad you found ones that work - and that you've got a handy man to put them up! Can't wait to see pictures!
Post a Comment