Monday, March 01, 2010

Celebrating my birthday early with Jeff

So while Jeff was on det in Key West, they found out that they were going to go to El Centro a week after they were back. I guess it's not all bad though because I get to celebrate my birthday 2 times this year! I'm celebrating on my birthday in San Fran with the girls and Jeff decided to celebrate my birthday a little early with me on Sunday Feb 28th. First he woke up me up for breakfast in bed - pancakes and turkey bacon! Then we made our way to the foothills of the Sierra Mountains to Wonder Valley Ranch in Selma, CA. The ranch was so pretty! They use the ranch to host weddings and have a bed and breakfast. We went on a 2 hour trail ride with our horses, Katie and Velvet. Two of the riders came with us and so did an extra horse named Chili! The horses and cattle roam free in the community - it was very interesting! We were told that Chili normally comes with the other horses that we were riding on so I guess she didn't want to be left out! It was so cute and I wish I could have gotten a picture!

So after we left and got our legs back we stopped for lunch at Chipotle and made our way back home. We were so exhausted we actually took a 3 hour nap before getting ready for dinner. We dressed up and headed to Ruth Chris. I haven't been to Ruth's in years and have been wanting to go since we got here. They have the best steaks - the filet is a must! The bread and sides were good too and I got to pick out my birthday dessert on the house - creme brulee! Jeff even sang me Happy Birthday, it was too cute. It was a great day and I'm glad I got to spend some time with Jeff before he leaves today to go to El Centro to bounce for the boat. Can't wait to go to San Fran with the girls and get to see Jen and Kaylee! Oh and run my first 10k!

No comments: